Shipbuilding & Vessel Construction
Australian owned and operated, MIPEC provides a full suite of services including designing, building, surveying, operations and maintenance. Delivered by our complementary divisions, these services offer unparalleled value for money, giving you the advantage of reduced “whole of life” costs.
Including wharf facilities, ship repair, vessel construction, slipway and hardstand vessel storage, the MIPEC facility is a key asset strategically located on the east coast of Australia.
To achieve competitive outcomes and the most economically viable vessel, partnerships are utilised and appropriate organisations are involved early in the project. This ensures valuable input is considered when making decisions on the best design option.
Supported by a skilled and experienced workforce, your vessel build is performed using methods to reach a cost-effective solution. The capability to both repair and maintain vessels in-house greatly improves the economy of your life cycle cost.
Commercial vessels are fabricated to Classification Society requirements from either carbon steel or aluminium, ensuring production of a high-quality vessel that caters for any necessity. For example, unique steel hull shallow draft tugs recently designed and built by MIPEC currently service the oil and gas industry. Expert innovation, enhanced design capabilities and superior workmanship are the hallmarks of MIPEC’s Australian made marine products.
With the extensive experience gained from owning and operating a fleet of modern commercial vessels, MIPEC provides unique innovations and attention to detail to reduce your life cycle costs. These services are supported by industry recognition of MIPEC as a genuine provider of practical solutions for your most challenging marine situations.
Services & Specialties
MIPEC specialise in:
- Carbon steel fabrication
- Aluminium fabrication
When engaging MIPEC’s team you can be assured of:
- A quality vessel build
- Consideration of operational and maintenance whole of life costs during the design process
- Reduced risk through in-house capabilities in shipbuilding and maintenance
- A wide range of innovative ship building solutions
- Extensive knowledge of the commercial shipbuilding, surveying and ship maintenance fields
- Access to an established facility on the central coast of Queensland
- Working with an Australian owned and operated company
- An Australian warranty
- Ready access to other MIPEC divisions including Port and Slipway Services and Marine Training
- A reputation for delivering quality and excellence.
By maintaining an in-house MIPEC Management System (MMS), high quality services, products and safety standards are consistently achieved.
The MMS is DNV accredited to the following standards:
- ISO 9001
- ISO 18001
- ISO 14001
- AS/NZS 4801
MIPEC is part of the Australian shipbuilding industry and a member of the Australian Shipbuilding
and Repair Group (ASRG).
Experience with sustainment of Pacific Patrol Boats, RAN and International Navies through their defence primes ensures the work undertaken by MIPEC meets rigorous standards. This ability allows MIPEC to construct and maintain vessels to both commercial and defence standards.
New vessels are safely and reliably delivered through robust and efficient shipbuilding, providing the direct economic advantages of vessel builds in Australia and the effective through life support. This approach contributes directly to your ongoing prosperity.
MIPEC is committed to being a preferred partner and enjoys long term relationships with current clientele.
- Quality vessel builds with operations and maintenance whole of life costs considered in the design.
- Reduced risk through all capabilities in shipbuilding and maintenance covered in house.
- Wide range of innovative ship building solutions for Defence.
- Building vessels in Steel and aluminium to Classification Society requirements.
- Australian owned and operated company supporting the maritime industry including training in shipbuilding, maintenance, surveys and repairs.
- Extensive knowledge in the commercial shipbuilding and ship maintenance fields.
- Recently designed and built two shallow draft tugs for service in Gladstone with the latest one entering in service 2013.
- Both vessels in full use with major gas clients at Curtis island including Bechtel, Conoco Phillips, BG Group, Santos.
- The supply, delivery and operation of Marine vessels 24/7 in support of their operations.
- An established shipbuilding facility in the largest deep water port on the East coast of Australia.
- Facility capable of handling up to 42m vessels.
- Full service maintenance facilities onsite.
- The only Queensland based company that has built commercial vessels in steel this decade.
- MIPEC includes a whole, unmatched diversity of service, through our four complimentary divisions, that allows complete project management from design and build, survey, operations and maintenance.
- This allows unparalleled value for money in that it delivers advantage to the client and reduced whole of life costs.
Quality Standards and Other Accreditations
- MIPEC is DNV accredited to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001 and AS/NZS 4801
- MIPEC is Federal Government OFSC Accredited; No: 0399
- Member of Australian Shipbuilding and Repair Group, ASRG.